Weekend Highlights Include Celebrity Chef Stage, Intimate VIP Experiences, Talk & Taste Master Classes and Floor-Wide Food-and-Beverage Pairings
VANCOUVER, BC (April 23, 2015) — With hundreds of restaurants, artisans and exhibitors all coming together under one roof, the 13th annual EAT! Vancouver at BC Place showcase taking place May 1 to 3 offers up a full banquet of unique food and beverage experiences to tempt even the most discerning palate.
From VIP appearances, demonstrations and tastings by celebrity chefs and restaurateurs to culinary master classes, hands-on seminars and food and beverage pairings available throughout the venue, here are 10 EAT! Vancouver at BC Place highlights that allow attendees the chance to explore Vancouver’s vibrant culinary culture:
- WATCH celebrity chefs in action on the EAT! Vancouver Celebrity Stage presented by Zwilling and during the Celebrity Chef Throwdown as top chefs likeAnna Olson, Mark McEwan, Susur Lee, Ned Bell, Rob Feenie, Michael P. Clive, Jonathan Chovancek, Jackie Kai Ellis and Vikram Vij show off their culinary flair for the crowds.
- TAKE a Culinary Class presented by the Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts with seminars ranging from Knife Skills and Pastry Arts to How to Make an “Eggsellent” Brunch and a simple at-home cheese. TICKETS
- EAT great homegrown cheeses, watch live cooking demonstrations and meet Canadian cheesemakers at The Canadian Cheese Counter presented by the Dairy Farmers of Canada.
- LISTEN to top chefs such as Trevor Bird (Fable), Ned Bell (YEW seafood + bar), Chris Whittaker (Forage) and Joël Watanabe (Bao Bei) and taste some of their creations during Talk & Taste Master Classes presented by Zwilling. TICKETS
- ENJOY EAT! VIP Experiences by getting up close and personal with Food Network luminaries and celebrity chefs Anna Olson, Susur Lee and Mark McEwan.TICKETS
- SHAKE up some fast-paced excitement in support of the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation at the Speed Rack Canada National Finals on Sat., May 2 from 1-4 p.m. as the best female bartenders in the country square off in a speed-meets-skills competition. TICKETS
- SIP top-shelf wine, beer and spirits and take part in seminars, food pairings and wine and beer tastings throughout the weekend. Visit the SIPS Stage presented by Legacy Liquor Store and sponsored by the BC Craft Brewers Guild and the Naramata Bench Wineries Association, the Craft Beer Alleysponsored by the BC Craft Brewers Guild, and the new on-site Legacy Liquor Store to purchase your favourites to enjoy at home.
- PAIR food and beverage selections such as oysters and bubbly, chili and beer, and pizza and wine at various tasting booths across the show floor for the first time ever, as well as in the SIPS section.
- SHOW your kids how fun cooking can be on Sat., May 2 and Sun., May 3 from 11 to 11:45 a.m. on the Celebrity Chef Stage as Dr. Greg Chang andSuperChefs Cookery for Kids present a free, family-friendly, interactive cooking demonstration.
- VISIT the new Canadian Food Artisan Pavilion sponsored by Edible Canada, a must-stop tasting shop where attendees can sample affordable luxury for nominal tasting fees and purchase homegrown products from some of Canada’s top food artisans.
SHOW DATES & TIMES
|Friday, May 1||2 p.m. to 9 p.m.|
|Saturday, May 2||10 a.m. to 9 p.m.|
|Sunday, May 3||10 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
BC Place Stadium “Gate A”, 777 Pacific Boulevard, Vancouver, BC V6B 4Y8
|Senior (65+) Friday, May 1 before 5 p.m.||$6|
|Youth (ages 13 to 16)||$9|
|Children (ages 12 and under)||FREE|
General admission tickets for EAT! Vancouver at BC Place taking place May 1 to 3 are available online at www.eat-vancouver.com as well as on-site at Gate A.
Tickets for featured EAT! Vancouver at BC Place events including VIP Chef Experiences, PICA Culinary Classes, Talk & Taste Master Classes and Speed Rack Canada National Finals are available online at www.eat-vancouver.com and range from $7 to $95.
EAT! VANCOUVER EVENTS
In the five days leading up to the EAT! Vancouver at BC Place exhibition May 1 to 3, the EAT! Vancouver Food + Cooking Festival will feature more than 35 star-studded events at some of the city’s hottest restaurants, markets and production facilities with unique experiences like the Collaborative Chef Dinner Series, Hands-on Workshops, Hospitality Symposium, Pastry Tasting & Panel Discussion and Canadian Flavours Gala. Many events are sold out, though some tickets still remain. For further information or to purchase tickets, go to: www.eat-vancouver.com/all-events.
All EAT! Vancouver Dinners and Hands-on Workshops, as well as the Canadian Flavours Gala, Hospitality Symposium and Pastry Tasting & Panel Discussion, as well as Speed Rack Canada National Finals taking place April 26 to May 3 include a complimentary ticket to EAT! Vancouver at BC Place.
EAT! Vancouver is proud to support the following charity partners in 2015 and offer attendees unique opportunities to give back to the community while they enjoy this year’s Festival: BC Hospitality Foundation, Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation (BC/Yukon Region), Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society, Project CHEF and Vancouver Aquarium Ocean Wise™ program.
About EAT! Vancouver Food + Cooking Festival
Produced by Fulcrum Events Inc. (Media Inc.) and presented by Flavours Magazine, the 2015 EAT! Vancouver Food + Cooking Festival is a world-class, eight-day festival showcasing the city’s extraordinary culinary culture at venues throughout Vancouver April 26 to May 3. Already the largest festival of its kind in Canada, the 13th annual edition of the event offers an expanded lineup and features top culinary stars, food producers and restaurants from across North America and beyond participating in a variety of hands-on workshops, collaborative chef dinners featuring celebrity chefs, Canadian Flavours Gala and Hospitality Symposium, all building to the EAT! Vancouver at BC Place show May 1 to 3. | www.eat-vancouver.com | #EATBUZZ
For more information on the EAT! Vancouver Food + Cooking Festival or to stay up to date on the latest developments, go to www.eat-vancouver.com, become a fan of ‘EAT! VANCOUVER’ on Facebook or follow @Eat_Vancouver on Twitter, @eatvancouver on Instagram and /EATVancouverFestival on YouTube.
Mar 24, 2015: EAT! Vancouver Food + Cooking Festival Announces BC Place Lineup
Mar. 3, 2015: EAT! Vancouver Food + Cooking Festival Unveils Star-studded Lineup
Jan. 27, 2015: EAT! Vancouver Food + Cooking Festival Expands Scope, Lineup for 2015